Hi, I’m back. Sorta. College is driving me nuts. 😛
I could complain and rant and ramble about how much I fail, but it all boils down to a few words…
I LOVE DBSK. ♥ ♥ ♥
ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH.
Whoever opposes them should burn. xD
Hi, I’m back. Sorta. College is driving me nuts. 😛
I could complain and rant and ramble about how much I fail, but it all boils down to a few words…
I LOVE DBSK. ♥ ♥ ♥
ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH.
Whoever opposes them should burn. xD
– tends to initiate the bobos and hugs (Eunhyuk, Ryeowook, Kangin)
– sends the most serious yet tender flying kiss to fans
– has the weirdest, most contagious laugh EVER which lasts quite a while and gets progressively more high pitched
– master of not tasting anything: amazing ability to remain expressionless when eating spicy peppers (3 hottest in the world!) and even loads of wasabi
– hot hot hot pelvic thrusts!
– most adorable winks!
– very gorgeous body (mmm eyes, nose, lips, arms, neck, chest, and Jeju Island shaped birthmark on his lower abs)
– acting as Street Fighter (1000 Songs Challenge) and embarrassing the other members (Leeteuk, Siwon, Kyuhyun, Donghae) with his serious dorkiness
– he’s a narcissist who always checks himself in the mirror and loves self-photography, yet is very particular when giving instructions to men who pose cutely when photographing themselves
– was born to be a pro face-painting artist (poor Eunhyuk!)
– has a habit of peeling his shirt over at least his stomach when he gets hot
– is a super cute geek when wearing framed specs
– has a very colorful and organized room
– is the master of cute poses
– used to have a puppy, and when Joanne acts as his puppy on Star Golden Bell, he asks her where she went to pee LOL
– was born in the year of the dog (zodiac)…I love dogs! Monkey (me, not Eunhyuk) + dog (Jongwoon) = love! Actually, turtle + turtle = love. We’re both turtle lovers. 😛
– enjoys taking off Eunhyuk’s socks so that his smelly feet can help the MC clear his sinuses
– fails at tongue twisters universally, not just Chinese ones but Korean ones too
– on EHB, he feels sleepy after inhaling laughing gas while the other members are rolling on the floor laughing, sweating, producing tears, and getting runny noses. FAIL!
– on a Cantonese interview that involved drawing ideal girls, Yesung drew the left half of his ideal girl’s face and then totally ignored the question; with a totally serious expression on his face, he went on to talk about Dragonball, Sun Wukong, and Batman. When asked what he would say when confessing to his ideal girl, Yesung said he would tell her that he wanted to learn martial arts from Sun Wukong and be Robin to Batman.
– when it was announced that he won the ‘best idol image’ award, he was caught drinking water…totally unprepared!
– wore red sneakers that totally stood out on Shin Jeonghwan PD’s Variety World
– looks like an elementary school kid when wearing yellow punishment hat
– the master at movie charades
Also, Yesung and I are similar on so many more levels.
Let’s get married, Yesung.
Yesung, oh Jongwoon…the words that describe you all contradict each other. You’re eccentric, dorky, lame, creepy, princely, adorable, weird, hot, awkward, and sexy all at the same time. I’m not surprised that I didn’t have a good first impression of you…I didn’t want to warm up to Super Junior when I was such a devoted Cassie in mid-2009, and I simply didn’t like your entrance or your bright orange hair in the lip-synced It’s You performance at KBS Open Concert. Very, very slowly you thawed my reluctantly frozen heart towards you. The first time I laughed at you was when the other members were exposing your nighttime-creeping and philtrum-touching secrets and you were stubbornly in denial. The second time I laughed (and consciously paid attention to you) was when you bravely ate three of the world’s spiciest peppers and showed little reaction except for a cute hiccup. The third time was when you announced happily on Sukira that you were wearing red underwear that day.
You became my fourth favorite, a too-low spot that you did not deserve. For months I was caught up in my hectic final year of high school and I completely forgot about Super Junior. Finally, in late May, I decided on a whim to rewatch a princekyu video featuring (obviously) my then favorite Kyuhyun. Towards the end I saw unfamiliar footage of Kyuhyun with an evil smirk, leaning against a wall in a mysteriously dark setting illuminated by a sweeping light. I was thoroughly confused (and excited) and quickly found out that it was Bonamana, the hit song of the 4th Super Junior album of the same name. My jaws dropped to the floor when I witnessed Yesung’s subtle ultra-hot transformation and the beautiful lines he sang. By the time I listened to Your Eyes, my ‘only Kyu’ mindset was wavering. Somehow, instead of being pleased that so many other fangirls loved Kyuhyun’s voice and wished that he had a solo song instead of the duet, I felt offended. Why so little appreciation for Yesung? Why was he so insignificant in their eyes, so underrated in the sea of Kyuhyun drool? I didn’t mind Kyuhyun getting showered with praise, but the fans’ demand for Kyu to have his own song, which I attributed to their opinion that Kyuhyun far exceeded Yesung, tore my heart to shreds.
By then, Yesung had long since gained second place in my heart. Consciously I still only thought of Kyu. But now I look back at my dream diary (I’ve recorded all my dreams since 2006, whether in journals or on Google Docs), and it seems that unconsciously, Yesung had crept into my dreams by June 26th. Still I remained in the dark about this extraordinary boy. When the No Other MV came out, I found myself drawn to Yesung’s balloons-and-kids scenes far more than Kyuhyun’s artsy heart collage scenes. During the rotating view of Yesung and the girl surrounded by a myriad of balloons, I held my breath. When I saw the silver ring held out in his fingers and the gorgeous smile on his face, I completely fainted over Yesung.
I was no longer blind to this boy’s charms, but I was still stubborn. Again and again I berated myself for being so fickle. Hadn’t Jaejoong once captured my attention in Love in the Ice the same way Kyuhyun did in Super Girl? And then two months later I was crazy over Junsu, whom I couldn’t even identify for at least a week after being smitten with Jae. My swooning over Yesung progressed much later, true, but I was afraid to begin another drooling rampage. I had enough boys to admire and didn’t want to attach myself so deeply again. Well, that was a pretty hopeless resistance to the irresistible temptation that is Yesung. I began to fall in love with him after I watched his complete fail on Shin Jeonghwan PD’s Variety World as well as his hilariously cute reaction to a fan’s question about reading YeWook fanfics.
Many months before, I had watched some Exploring the Human Body episodes, but not until recently did I notice the chains of total failures that Yesung achieved in EHB. His regressing reaching and jumping records, being demo man, enduring spicy peppers, being tickled and his expression when being fed a ball of salt, failure at catching arrows, octopus dance, inability to cry for his mom because he was thinking of black bean noodles…all sent me into fits of laughter. I laughed my head off in every video that featured Yesung fail, including his poor attempt at the grape Chinese tongue twister.
It really didn’t help that I also got addicted to Yesung’s artistic, husky baritone vocals in It Has to Be You and beautiful songs like Polaris, I Do, and Things I Can’t Do For You that he covered on Miracle For You. I literally couldn’t get enough. Every breath he took seemed to last an agonizing eternity because he paused his singing. Slowly, I revisited past songs like It’s You and Why I Like You, completely casting aside my previous ignorance and soaking myself in the ocean of his voice. I further indulged in his solo Resignation, in which he invested so much emotion that I ended up trembling from head to toe.
Then a friend sent me a link to Yesung singing The Trap of the North Gate in the studio. I was shivering when he sang the terrifyingly soft beginning, drooling when the camera zoomed in on his beautiful neck, astounded breathless as the song intensified along with Yesung’s ascending vocals, and finally smiled when he professionally put on his beanie and thumped his throat a little after he finished singing. I was definitely in love. Although I couldn’t find much footage of Hong Gil Dong, and could only witness him singing The Trap of the North Gate in the musical and crying during the curtain calls, I knew beyond a doubt that this boy has some serious talent in musicals. I was also completely in love. (Edit: wait, I already said that xD)
So the past three days I embarked on a Super Junior (Yesung especially) photo-collecting rampage. By now I’ve amassed a gallery of 600+ of the funniest/hottest photos, 241 of them solely Yesung and about another 200 of Yesung with the members and his family. I especially doted on pictures of baby Yesung (which I dreamed about having the honor of viewing on the night before my 18th birthday, interestingly enough) and the pictures he uploaded of his three beloved turtles. I thought I was a little obsessed, but was nevertheless certain that I was a cloud in love with the brightest star Yesung.
Finally, just a few minutes ago, that same friend who introduced me to Yesung’s musical prowess also mentioned, uh, his…yadong collection/habit/hobby? WHAT my darling is not as innocent as he seems! But who can blame him…he’s a man nearing 26 yet still single, and it must be difficult for him to cope, hence his turtle companions. Not to mention that he can seduce me with just his eyes, so I can’t consider myself entirely not perverted either. Yesung is just oozing sensuality and passion, so I suppose he has to expel it somehow. Even younger boys like Eunhyuk, Yunho, and Changmin have succumbed to the same guilty pleasure. 😉
And now for a really random list of other reasons why I love him:
– he loves the color red, whether red underwear, strawberries (yum), red glasses, or red flower and parasol in SSIII!
– looks great with kids and has that glow in his eyes when he’s playing with them…has the potential to be a superb father
– was the most adorable baby himself; he was just the same 20+ years ago with that big head, beautiful eyes, tiny eyes, perfect teeth, and that beaming smile that melts my heart
– is extremely filial, and cries when thinking about his parents whom he can’t visit often
– is the best hyung; he always hugs his dongsaengs in a close embrance whenever they’re crying, sad, overwhelmed, or all three
– never got any plastic surgery; still has single eyelids ♥
– his philtrum fetish annoys the other members but also endears him to them…what I wouldn’t give to be touched there by those adorable little hands 😛
– likes to act out being killed (stabbed or shot), and is darn good at it
– famous octopus dance that is so ridiculously hilarious
– infamous evil high-five trick in which he pulls away his hand at the last minute
– amazing lung capacity not just in singing, but also in table soccer (scored 3 goals!)
– never dated before, has had the same ideal girl for years (Moon Geun Young…he has good taste!)
– funny crack skit dances (especially Sailor Moon)
– got turtles when jealous of Heenim’s cats (he has eccentric but wonderful taste), and loved his first turtle Dangkoma so dearly that he got him/her two dongsaengs for company
– super speed wave (Love Pursuer)
– makes the use of guyliner super sexy
– goes well in any couple pairing: YeWook, YeKyu, KangYe, YeChul, YeHae, YeWon, YeHyuk, YeHo (Yunho!!)
– really knows how to kill fangirls with his piercing stare (*is dead*)
– so cute in cloud, turtle, Indian chief, broccoli costumes!
– excellent in musicals; he sings The Trap of the North Gate like a warrior god!
– his and Eunhyuk’s short rendition of Kiss Me Darling lulled me to sleep on two nights
– his signature, even without the childish cloud, is so elegant; the heart he drew completely sealed my love ♥
It has to be you, Yesung. (I also got a Twitter just to follow him, haha. I am seriously crazy.)
I’m in love. Again. Yes, yes, I know…I always fall in love with the same boys over and over again: Junsu, Jaejoong, Yesung, and Kyuhyun in no particular order.
But very recently I just realized how similar Yesung and I are. It’s kinda creepy.
1. Yesung’s favorite color is red. So is mine.
2. Yesung is known for having the biggest head and smallest hands in SJ. I have a big head and tiny hands too.
3. He has somewhat small eyes and a big nose. I have small eyes and a big nose too. 😛
4. He loves turtles and gets jealous of other people’s pets. I love turtles (I even made a clay turtle sculpture and painted it green in seventh grade, and it’s still in my room). I always get jealous of other people who are lucky enough to have pets.
5. Yesung’s memory of thinking he was going to die: elementary school, being underwater. I am scared of being underwater and scared to death of drowning.
6. He’s a big fail at everything except singing. He even fails at dancing. Not that I can sing well, but I’m a huge fail too. And can’t dance to save my life.
7. He has a philtrum fetish. I have a hand fetish and by now I think I have a philtrum fetish too.
8. We were both born in August. ♥
Now, a little something to think about as for Jaejoong and Kyuhyun’s similarities and Junsu and Yesung’s similarities. 😛
Jaejoong and Kyuhyun are both known to be superb, consistent vocalists. Their voices are as clear as water, as smooth as chocolate. They’re both the same height, 180 cm. They’re always extremely physically attractive. Jaejoong and Kyuhyun give off an aura of perfection. I fell for them at first sight. Also, they’re both good at holding their liquor. 😉
Junsu and Yesung both have raspy, husky voices. Very unique and I can’t get enough of either of their voices. They’re both 178 cm tall. They both have slightly small eyes, big noses, and are physically drop-dead gorgeous most of the time, but not always. Junsu and Yesung are huge dorks. 😉 I fell for them much later, but have grown to love them more than Jae and Kyu. ♥ Also, both of them love soccer, can’t hold their drink, and sing as leads in musicals! Love love love!
Wow, somehow I transferred my drool into a productive analysis of my boys. And it took me only ten minutes. Time to pat myself on the back and then drool some more.
Did I ever mention how hopeless I am? It’s all the fault of his beautiful signature and that heart Yesung drew for me (unknowingly), I swear. I think I shared a few germs with Jongwoon thanks to the paper Jenny sent me. I am on cloud nine. 😛
So, lazy me has finally decided to make a decent blog post after turning 18 on August 1st!
I think I should make a list of 18 things that’s been happening to me and what I care about. 🙂
1. My 18th birthday was also the day of the first full-length K.R.Y. concert, which took place in Tokyo in front of 10,000 Japanese E.L.F.s and was a HUGE success! Whoo!
2. I got Super Junior’s autographs mailed to me from my awesome friend Jenny last week! I’m still jealous that she got to meet all ten boys rehearsing inside SM for SSIII on some day she forgot on the week of July 4th-11th. She got to see them all shirtless (except for Shindong), and my Kyuhyun has abs, and she hugged them all shirtless and sweaty. She gave them a stack of blank papers to sign (LOL), then picked those up at their DORMS which she got to tour. She got to meet their pets too! Heechul’s cats, Yesung’s turtles, and I think Eunhyuk’s doggy too. JEALOUS!
3. Here’s the order in which the boys signed:
4. My descriptions/comments on the autographs:
Shindong’s signature has a crown, good ‘Super Jr.’ handwriting
Yesung’s is recognizable to me, especially the ‘Y’ and ‘g’ that balance each other out; there’s a HEART! ♥
Heechul’s looks like a Christmas tree (supposed to be his ‘Chinese signature’); has two stars
Donghae’s begins with a big lowercase d; hangul name below
Kyuhyun’s is a total unrecognizable mess that begins with a huge ‘C’
Siwon’s is perfect for a role model executive
Ryeowook’s takes two lines’ pretty handwriting of ‘Super Junior’; has smilie face
Sungmin’s begins with a huge curly ‘O’; has star at top; smilie face
Eunhyuk’s is really intricate…or really messy…don’t know difference; pretty good handwriting of ‘Super Junior’
Leeteuk’s is really dark and thick LOL
5. My awesome hostess Buruma has renewed my domain, afanatic.org, for the third time! ♥
6. I got approved for the Lucifer (SHINee album) fanlisting!
7. I finished Chapter 5 of my Yelü Xie story, which I gave a lovely title of Kindest Cruelty and uploaded to FictionPress! Please read and review!
8. My awesome friend Em drew me a warrior girl who kinda represents me and made me a wallpaper out of it! ♥
9. Junsu baby has turned me into a pervert in Intoxication. This song should be R-rated. I couldn’t stop drooling.
10. I think my dilemma of ‘favorite/ideal member’ in DBSK has still never reached a conclusion. If I could only pick one member to meet in real life, I’d probably be dead before I could finally choose between Junsu and Jaejoong. It was love at first sight with JJ, but in about two more months I fell in love with the dolphin too. I think my personality matches Junsu’s more, so technically he would be more ideal as a husband for me (haha yeah right, not even in my dreams). However, domestic life with Jaejoong might be total bliss because of his EXQUISITE cooking skills. I only wish my feet had an aura to them…I think my hands are acceptable enough for Jaejoong though. And I think I’m smart enough for Junsu’s requirements. Haha, but I’m still a far cry from either of their ideal types. 😛
11. Similarly, I am facing the same problem between two members in Super Junior. I was attracted to Kyuhyun at first sight. My second and third favorites eventually became Donghae and Siwon, respectively. It’s kind of funny how two of my friends (Jenny and my twin) have each claimed them. When they were my favorites, neither of my friends knew of them. Sometime after that, Yesung became my fourth favorite. After seeing the No Other MV and completely falling in love with his scenes with the balloons and cute children and silver ring tied to the strings, I decided Yesung was my second favorite. Then, when I saw that he had discreetly drawn a heart (the ONLY heart, mind) beside his hangul name on my autograph paper, I honestly thought I was in love with him. Seeing his ultimate fail on variety shows and his hilarious honesty on radio shows endeared him to me even more. Before I knew it, he was battling out Kyuhyun for the top spot. I think that in his own way, he’s even surpassed Kyu. Not to mention his PHILTRUM fetish! So cute. And he has small hand’s, like a girls. Well then, we’re hand twins! ♥ But then I think back on everything Kyuhyun’s suffered, not just as maknae, but also his near-death accident and slow recovery. He deserves all his success and popularity. As with my DBSK dilemma, I can’t choose between Kyu and Jongwoon to meet in real life. However, I think Yesung’s personality matches mine more, and I’d be more than happy to marry him so that he won’t be lonely with only a turtles for company. LOL. And I match Yesung’s description of his ideal type more than Kyuhyun’s. If only I could make my eyes sparkle…but I have a warm enough heart, methinks.
12. I dreamed about Yesung and then Jaejoong last night. I woke up this morning at 7:20 and felt refreshed for the first time in months after sleeping for just 7 hours. My dream with Yesung consisted of me writing happy birthday on his FB wall (LOL what?), since his birthday is August 24th. He replied, thanking me but also expression confusion with smilies over what I meant on one line, which had like a time reference (say 3:40) that seemed like something I would comment on a YouTube video. So then I composed a really long reply in explanation, trying to use simpler English, but couldn’t finish it because I was staying up way too late in my room with my laptop, and apparently my parents had woken up and were going to yell at me. However, I checked the time and totally forgot the different time zones, and didn’t want to post something outdated since I was wishing him happy birthday again (and asked him to smile eternally?) or something cheesy like that on his wall. Hours later, I awoke with tears in my eyes because of Jaejoong. Since I’ll probably never get the chance to do so in real life, I got to at least attend a DBSK concert at Tokyo Dome in my dreams. Except the ocean was sapphire blue, not red…too much SJ lately. I also had direct eye contact with Jaejoong during this play session when lucky chosen fans got to be in this contest/game. First, Jaejoong said anyone wearing “la sangre” could come up on stage. Last night during Spanish class I was looking up “blood” in the textbook glossary to answer the question of what I was hypothetically afraid of. Apparently in my dream it was an epithet for “red.” I was wearing a really ugly red sweater to the concert, haha. I stood up to go on stage, but then he said something about “people in the second section.” I wasn’t sure if I was or not (I was toward the front, but definitely not in the first ten rows). It was really crowded in my row, and apparently I attended with at least four other family members/friends, and my mom/aunt/older-female-figure was trying to persuade me to go up anyway. I was frozen, still unsure. Suddenly Jaejoong had eye contact with me and beckoned me onstage. He looked like a true angel (like he always does). I of course obeyed. T_T
13. I won the Sapphire Pearls 4th giveaway, Bonamana Version B with Siwon photocard, by asking a very difficult question about the meaning/story behind ‘mambo’ in relation to Super Junior! Yay! But I haven’t gotten any reply after sending three e-mails. I wish it’d just arrive already…
14. I am rocking at Spanish! But I don’t know what to do for the oral presentation next Monday. And I really wish the homework assignment would be up already.
15. I watched all of La Corda D’oro, an anime about a girl with a magic violin at an academy specializing in classical music. It inspired me to practice more. Just a little. Too many unrealistically kind bishounen in that anime. Slow-witted main girl too.
16. 3HREE VOICES, the JYJ vacation DVDs, were released a while ago and much of it has been subbed already! I watched several segments of Junsu’s and Jaejoong’s vacations. Junsu’s designated location is Sydney, Australia (he’s following my footsteps!), Jaejoong’s is Whitehorse, Canada (what a beautiful name fit for a beautiful visitor!), and Yoochun’s is Seoul (LOL, how foreign. But since they’re Japanese DVDs, Seoul works, I guess). I can’t wait to see Jae fail at skiing.
17. I got to know a little bit about my future roommate, who I’ll be living with in a couple weeks. Wow, summer’s flown by. 🙁
18. I’m still trying to get used to being 18. I mean, before, I always wanted to be older. I was so eager to turn 13, 16, and 17, especially. Now that I’m an adult, I’m still wrestling with the fact that I still act, look, and think like a child. I love stuffed animals, fairy tales, everything childish. It’s hard to accept how grown-up my peers seem, and how people younger than me are becoming stars in the entertainment industry. The only thing that makes me feel 18 is how much of a perv I’ve become thanks to my darlings and idols whom I always thought were the epitome of innocence…*cough*Junsu*cough* But I don’t mind. I’ve been drooling bucketfuls over my ideal guys since who knows when. I’d like to keep that tradition going even when the DBSK and SJ boys and I are losing our teeth. I am a Cassiopeia and E.L.F. for life. Eventually I might even consider myself part of SHINee World, as a Shawol. But for now, I am a Cassie before anything else.
Indeed I wonder, how on earth do I transition from the most intense Super Junior drooling period to SHINee love? I am so excited for that beautiful piece of paper coming in the mail…touched by the fingertips of ten of my idols. 😀 I’m not going to get too excited yet, because I will blog about this surprise like crazy when the time comes. So this will be a short entry…or so I planned.
I’ve been resisting SHINee for many, many months. Nine, ten? At least twice as long as my Super Junior resistance. Partially it’s because sometimes kpop and entertainment companies *cough*SM*cough* grate on my nerves. Partially it’s because I’m still in that terribly biased “DBSK is unparalleled in this world” mentality. And of course, it’s partially because I didn’t like any of the most popular SHINee songs: Replay, Love Like Oxygen, and Ring Ding Dong. Not to mention I didn’t bother to research the five boys enough to know their ages. I didn’t want to gawk and squeal over them only to find out they’re all younger than me, thus making me more of a pedophile than I ever want to be. Thank heavens only the maknae, Taemin, is younger than me. Both my biases in SHINee are older than me. Yesss. I have permission to drool.
It was probably love at 20th sight with Jonghyun, and drool at 20th sight with Key. Nothing wrong with taking my time before consciously deciding to become a SHINee fan. Even though it was love at first sight with Jaejoong and Kyuhyun, it took me perhaps 50 performances to fall in love with Junsu and Yesung. And I don’t love them any less.
I wouldn’t blame the SHINee boys for this…delayed spurt of love on my part. I would place the blame on their stylists and songwriters. The true lovable characters of these boys aren’t disclosed from live performances which are SM’s pride and joy but the boys’ hard work and toil. It takes candid moments, although even these instances are recorded by a camera or observed by a watchful eye, or otherwise I wouldn’t be able to feast myself upon tidbits of their blooming lives. The radio shows and Music Bank wins are what have endeared the boys, specifically Jonghyun, to me beyond anything I have previously felt.
My first impression of Jonghyun: WOW. I was terribly prejudiced against young, newbie groups the first time I ever laid eyes on him. But honestly, I was stunned speechless by his vocals. Nothing soft or gentle or sweet or tender. It was so, so RAW. Strong, deep, powerful, unyielding, even invincible. His voice reflects his character, too. Jonghyun is the straightforward sort of guy, one who is bold enough to say what he wants and how he feels, thus giving him a ‘bad boy’ image on the surface (and in appearance…oh those striking eyes and gorgeous cheekbones). To leader Onew, Jonghyun is the kindest SHINee member, one who is “always thinking after others silently and secretly, in a way that is not done openly and takes care of the people around him in this way.” Jonghyun of course praises Onew as the most caring and considers himself the “lousiest” (least kind/thoughtful) in the group. By this I bet he’s referring to his bad boy exterior, but underneath he’s actually a big softie.
Want proof? Here it is: SHINee’s Music Bank Win for ‘Juliette’
(Oh, and here are English/Karaoke subs of a hot Ring Ding Dong performance…Jonghyun sure doesn’t need to tell me that he’s a ‘decent guy.’ :P)
Oh my darling Jonghyun…to see a man crying out loud, on stage, in the full view of millions…this can only show how much he’s dedicated to his music, how much effort and hard work he invested in the song he composed, which he is finally being rewarded for. My heart was pounding, my hands were trembling, my eyes were watering at that moment…to see generous and caring Yesung hug and protect Jonghyun again and again, and similarly Siwon holding Onew…it was that moment when I went from just a fan to a devoted admirer and supporter of SHINee. The boys have a long and challenging road ahead of them, and I want to see them grow, learn, succeed, and make mistakes every step of the way. Although Jonghyun is my oppa, I sometimes feel like a protective noona or something. Whatever, regardless, I’m taking him home with me. xD
I am sure that in love, too, he isn’t two-faced and doesn’t play games or sulk in petty jealousies. His ideal kiss (excuse me while I faint) is so simple compared to the other boys’, yet I find myself yearning for it the most. He’s a realistic sort of romantic who wants to kiss under the streetlights by the girl’s home before he leaves after sending her home. *dies*
Now, as for Key…what can I say, he’s the triple threat! Vocalist, rapper, dancer, not to mention a gifted varsity water-skier. He looks super hot in his slick hairstyle, even when his hair is dyed that beautiful dark rainbow of reds, purples, and greens. I wonder how his partially shaved hairstyle in Lucifer will fare. Unfortunately I do nothing but drool over Key, as some elements of his personality, and his description of the ideal woman, do not appeal to me. Physical attraction to him only. As for leader Onew, physically he is not my type, but I LOVE his personality. Meanwhile, I love practically everything about Jonghyun, thus establishing him as my bias. 😛
If anyone has read up to this point…wow, thank you for bearing with me. But I must emphasize that although I tend to drool a lot, even in my dreams, I do this only in my spare time or when completing mundane chores or exercising. I mean, when my heart is already beating so powerfully and I’m bored out of my mind yet physically engaged, why not? Although I DO have an unchangeable habit of gluing myself to the screen whenever my boys are featured, I can’t be obsessed with them 24/7. So I guess what I’m trying to say is that I may be excessively devoted, but not yet truly insane. My idols are my stress-relievers, my haven especially whenever I get sick from listening to the repetitive screeching of my crude and hypocritical parents.
So this is why I’m so thankful, so blessed, to be able to enjoy the music and dance of boys who have each sacrificed so much in their lives, not to selfishly gain fame and fortune, but to pursue their dreams and share their talents with people like me who are as far from the spotlight as can be. I feel like I have known these idols my whole life, but I am nothing more than a complete stranger to them. Indeed I can do so little to support them. I can’t cheer on for them from the audience when they perform on stage, I can’t help with their song recording, dance choreography, or promotions, I can’t award them the honors they deserve, I can’t hold them when they cry. We are geographically, linguistically, and occupationally so far, yet I foolishly hope to be close to them in spirit for the celebration of humankind’s greatest pleasures: song and dance.
With that said, I eagerly await the release of SHINee’s second studio album, Lucifer, which will come out today in Korea. For the first time I am on time for a new album release! I am super excited to see the boys evolve from cute to hot to finally sexy. Mmmmm.
Edit: WOW. Every song on Lucifer is…*dies* Quasimodo is my favorite, even though I don’t understand any of the lyrics.
Taemin Minho Jonghyun Key Onew
Keep SHINing, my boys. ♥
FOUR DAYS OF INCESSANT DROOL. If lightning struck me right now I would still retain the dumbstruck expression that’s been on my face for several days. I have always been a music aficionada, but I never thought I would one day become so intensely captivated by DANCE that I actually forget about anything else going on in my life! After all, dancing is on my list of ultimate fail activities (along with swimming and drawing), none of which I can attempt satisfactorily even to save my life. Okay, well maybe I can swim a bit to save my life, but the others are true fail.
So, this Monday a light bulb lit up in my drool-occupied mind. I remember being totally engrossed in some Mirotic cover dances a few months back. 5-man performances in Korea and Thailand, and even one in a Massachusetts college by female students! Audiences cheered them on like they were the real thing. I was so impressed with the accuracy of their dance moves compared to the original DBSK dance. Well, a few days into July, I was about to be knocked off my socks by a single dancer. Not that I’m wearing any socks in this ridiculous heat anyway.
You ready? Say yes. Okay then, here’s his YouTube channel: DarrenTP
If you have any interest in any popular music at all, SUBSCRIBE. NOW.
I will refrain from the first comment that I’m itching to bellow out to whoever prowls my blog. (That blunt but honest comment is, “AIN’T HE GORGEOUS?!”) I didn’t just say that. Let’s focus on his dancing. He’s completely self-taught and has only started dancing frequently for about a year. It takes him anywhere from just half an hour to two hours to get down all the moves to any dance song. Maybe a little more to perfect the dance. That alone is a pretty impressive feat.
But the actual dancing is what should cause all of your jaws to drop to the ground. Holy moly! THAT BOY CAN MOVE!! I’m not kidding. There is a beautiful fluidity, a liquid grace, in Darren’s movements that I haven’t seen in professional performers, much less in amateurs. Throw in charisma and attractiveness, and here we have it: the first dancer to make poor little me’s knees wobble in awestruck delight.
I watch every one of his dance covers carefully so that I don’t miss the best details: his adorable smiles whenever he does a happy dance or makes a tiny mistake in adjusting his attire, pelvic thrusts, placing hands on that lovely location around the center of his belt, moonwalks, gliding, sexy shoulder rolls, body waves, beautiful footwork, spins, mouthing the lyrics, flouncing hair, popping, ripping his singlet, dancing in a blazer with no shirt underneath, exposing his chocolate abs…aaah I could go on forever but I’m already out of breath, haha.
And something else to admire is the variety of the dances he covers. There are the manly dances like Mirotic and HEY (Don’t bring me down), purely sexy dances like Love Song and I Need a Girl, suave dances like Wedding Dress, cute dances like Balloons, and even girl dances like Lupin, Oh!, Run Devil Run, and Gee. I think it’s incredible that he can dance moves clearly most suitable/appropriate for girls without any apprehension. Take that, you jealous and narrow-minded sorry bunch of YouTube critics.
So I thought even though none of the dances he does are mirrored, I could still learn a few moves and use the videos as tutorials of sorts, right? Wrong. I thought Gee would be easiest, since it’s a girl dance, but man he even does girly moves better than me. -__- Medium fail. Then I tried Purple Line. Except for the motions occurring during “Purple Line let me set up my world,” I couldn’t keep up with the rapid moves at all. Ultimate fail. Out of breath, I tried Wedding Dress. The movements that I could reasonably do in a small space with headphones on weren’t too bad. Somewhat fail. And I attempted all this using his nearly perfect, full perspective dances. Now I can fully appreciate how he got all the moves down from MVs that always jump between singing/dance/story footage and feature way too many dancers. I take my hat off to Darren.
I admit Darren’s completely got me under some sort of spell. Usually I am a total grammar nazi and can’t stand the sight of no capitalization, no apostrophes, and excessive abbreviations and chatspeak. But he’s young and busy, so I’ll overlook it. Especially when that’s all totally overshadowed by his sense of humor, decency, kindness, and superb talents (dancing, singing, guitar, and excellent drawing). Did I mention that he’s an Australian-born Chinese who admires DBSK above all other Korean groups and still likes fandoms like Gundams, Pokemon, and Dragon Ball Z? Well if you know me, that’s CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK (on my imaginary ideal guy list) WHOPPEE!!!! After all, I lived in Australia for three years, am also Chinese, am an eternal fan and supporter of DBSK and find it fantastic that they have such an amazing male fan as well, and love Gundams and other nerdy fandoms! 😀
Haha, but the problem is, I’m going to have to totally shatter my “can’t like younger guys” philosophy. He’s 16 and I’m nearly 18, which makes a 14-month or so age difference, even though a few months back he said he’d be fine dating in the age range 15-18. Not to mention that because of his height (185cm), the ideal girl for him would be 168-172cm, which he later changed to 165-172cm and finally changed to “anything above 155cm is fine.” LOL it stinks to be shorter than even his minimum requirement. xD And of course I can’t forget that he still lives in the land down under. 😛
But I did manage to ask him two questions anonymously on his formspring. And since I ask the most polite and literate of the current total of 914 questions…I get the nicest and longest responses. Even though he answered my last question at 1AM Melbourne time, which was just a few hours ago. 😛 I’m going to dispel the anonymity and post my questions. It doesn’t matter since I’ve also commented abundantly on the YouTube videos and his Facebook fan page, so just exactly what I think of him is still a mystery to the public. xD
Hi Darren, do you have any siblings or pets? Also, would you be willing to do a cover for Boom Boom by Super Junior? 🙂 I think your dancing is phenomenal! I will always support you. ^_^
thanks ^^ i prob wont be doing boom boom.. i got a younger sis n no pets 🙂
What’s your favorite Gundam model and series? 🙂 And are you a fan of Bulma?
bulma? x) shes cuter than chichi atleast LOL ummm freedom ! i love kiras gundam
Darn, no cover of the hot Boom Boom dance. 😛 But at least we have a favorite Gundam in common, LOL. Random extra comments: I adore Australian accents. And the outfit he wore in the Wedding Dress cover.
I think I’m going to dub Darren the ‘prince of kpop dance covers.’ Because he is.
Edit: I couldn’t resist asking another question. I’m terrible. 😛
Your dance outfits are so suave! My favorite is the attire you wore for your first Wedding Dress cover. Will you wear it for a cover in the future? I totally swooned when you wore that one. 😀 I’m introducing your channel to friends like crazy, haha. 🙂
thanks a lot XD i like to try pick clothes that suit the dance.. sometimes doesnt come out right XD
Edit 2: Another question. He’s so humble. 😛
So how are you liking Tumblr? 🙂 I prefer regular blogging but I might just get one to follow you. 😛 Ah, you shirtless at the end of the preview really surprised me…you’re making even us older girls blush happily. @_@ And you ARE as fine as Taeyang!
LOL i am no where near as fine as taeyang 🙁 hmm tumblr is ok.. stupid how you cant comment or anything.. but yeh ^^
His FB fan page status: HIT 2000 SUBSCRIBERS ON YOUTUBE!! THIS IS GREAT 😀
My comment: Yay, congrats! 🙂
Yep you reached exactly 2,000 subscribers at July 10 1:18am in your time zone because I had accidentally refreshed your YouTube page at that time while messaging my friend and then told her about it. Haha, no creepy intentions on my part. 😛
His comment: woah o.o LOL thanks for tht LOL! i was like sleeping XD
I. am. such. a. creep.
Today is my one-year anniversary with DBSK, and so I am celebrating a blooming unrequited love with quite possibly the five most angelic beings who have ever graced this earth with song and dance.
Ahem. The thought of this milestone actually didn’t occur to me until a few minutes ago. I began the day like any other weekday of summer indulgence: sleeping in, lazily grabbing a bite of breakfast, and surrendering myself to the temptation that is the Internet. I revisited one of my favorite performances, “Beautiful You,” and from that moment I was irreversibly lost in DBSK fairyland for the rest of the day.
I do believe I’ve blogged more about DBSK than any other topic. My first blog entry involving DBSK drool aplenty was made on June 30th, 2009. I was introduced to DBSK by a long-distance friend, whom I met again just last week, on June 27th, 2009. I’m quite certain that my true anniversary is June 29th, however, because it was a Monday last year and I had just returned from my Thousand Islands camping trip to check out this Korean boy band sensation. It was the best decision I’ve ever made.
So I guess I’d need a heck of a lot of reasons to explain why I’ve been “in an open relationship with Dong Bang Shin Ki” on Facebook for as long as I remember. But even the title of their group speaks for itself. Rising Gods of the East. How majestic, epic, awe-inspiring is that name alone? Since late 2003, this group of five superbly talented and attractive males has brought the female population of Asia and now the entire world to its knees.
I admit that I am smitten very easily, whether with a boy half my age whopping arse on the tennis court or a middle-aged actor of a Jane Austen gentleman. But those don’t even count as fancies, and last hardly more than a day. True, I am not a dedicated enough fan of DBSK to think about them every moment, or even every day. My attention has always been stolen by school, violin, chores, other groups creeping into my heart like Super Junior, and occasionally a boy in real life (who would’ve thought my mind can wander this far?).
But I dare venture to say that in the end, I always crawl back on hands and knees to the boys (officially men, but sometimes as sweet as newborn babies) who had bewitched me a year ago and then stolen my heart with no intention of ever returning it. I finally understand that I don’t need a reason for my peculiar FB relationship status that can be seen by all. Indeed I have a myriad of reasons for falling so deeply in love with these five boys, but truly, they need not be justified. Love opposes all logic and reasoning.
At first sight I was captivated by Jaejoong. He absolutely glowed in the spotlight of the 2007 Soul Power performance of “Love in the Ice.” His vocal prowess melted me into my socks. His stunning eyes, called beautiful by women of all ages and I daresay men as well, pierce the very soul. He has no equal. Even in the realm of spicy pepper tolerance (as in eating the spiciest pepper in the world with a smile) he is unmatched.
But my first love blinded me to the other boy, whom I love just as much Jaejoong. He is Junsu, the dolphin, the cutie, the romantic, the dearest crybaby. His voice sweeps me up to high heaven. His smile is the same as a baby’s. And as for his duckbutt…no more words are necessary. The first song that brought me to tears was his “Rainy Night.” The song that made me a sobbing mess for a good half hour today is also his composition, “W.”
“W” is sung by JaeChunSu for HoMin and Cassiopeia. The lawsuit filed by Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu against SM Entertainment last summer is one that I have previously blogged about with fervent indignation. The gigantic mess has cleared just slightly now, and reveals that a new group has been formed, JYJ. Jaejoong-Yoochun-Junsu. They performed in Tokyo Dome for Thanksgiving in Japan, arrived in America just a few days ago for recording, and will release their new album in August. Yunho has recently been promoting his drama “Heading to the Ground,” posing in magazines, and appearing in fan meetings. I have no clue as to Changmin’s whereabouts and activities. The first DBSK philosophy I have ever abided by, 5-1=0, is now shattered. And so, in this intense song of love and longing, JaeChunSu express their feelings in music for the first time to HoMin. And they dedicate the song also to Cassiopeia, their global fans who are named after the queen constellation shaped like a W.
It’s touching, really, the representation of DBSK and Cassiopeia etched in the heavens. We, Cassiopeia, are the stars that shine in the dark night sky that is DBSK. One cannot exist without the other. And this is the way I will always be, because I will forever support DBSK’s second philosophy, Always Keep the Faith. In “W,” JaeChunSu express not only the deep extent of their longing for HoMin, but also heartwrenchingly reveal how much Cassiopeia means to them. They tell us to keep supporting and waiting for them because they will not fail us.
This is not an empty promise. Even if DBSK is currently on hiatus and the members are split, I am certain that they can fulfill their individual dreams and reunite in the future. Time will be our guardian. And I will love them eternally because they have given me so much that is beyond the power of words to describe. Yet I have never been able to convey that gratitude and appreciation, aside from my fanlistings for Yunho and Yoochun. I will continue wishing and praying and dreaming for the five of them together. But for now, I will devote myself to JYJ and cheer on for my boys, hoping that they can still smile and be happy each day.
I really should chide myself for being so weak-hearted. One song can reduce me to a glistening puddle of tears. Although I fully indulge in bliss when listening to the magic of their voices, I also subject myself to the bittersweet heartbreak that mirrors their own inner sorrow. I cannot say whether this one-sided relationship between a mere fan and these almost inhumanly magnificent musicians is healthy or not. But without a doubt they are beyond extraordinary. My heart refuses to compare them to anyone else because DBSK is truly unparalleled in this world. They have made my year beautiful.
Here is heaven in song.
I am so proud of my boys. My heart bleeds for them. I promised myself I wouldn’t cry in Junsu’s solo, but the tears started rolling the fourth minute. My condolences also to Jaejoong’s loss of his best friend today.